I Dunno Why This is Called “Graffiti Cake?” – Sugar Swirls Cake Wrapper
Sunday July 22 2012
I’ve done this a few times now, and I think I’ve finally cracked it! I read the Lorraine Pascal recipe for “Graffiti Cake,” but had not actually ever seen it done. So without any pictures or any YouTube clips to help, I had to figure it out through trial and error (isn’t this how we used to do it in the olden days)? And anyway, this recipe makes enough to give you 2 – 3 tries, and isn’t trying half the fun?!
Some additional tips you may find useful:
- You may wish to measure the height and circumference of your cake and score this on your parchment paper if you want a more exact fit.
- Though I would always pour a little more at the ends of the circumference / length of your pattern to have a bit for testing.
- Be sure to peel it off the parchment paper whilst it’s still really flexible. It will still be warm.
- You can use any food colour you wish, but remember that you are colouring brown, so the darker the colour the better.
- This sugar syrup tastes like candy apple coating.
- …and ENJOY!